At long last, Baldur’s Gate II, arguably the greatest role-playing video game ever made (I’m one who would argue that it is), is getting the Enhanced Edition treatment that its predecessor received last year.
Confirmed today by its creator Overhaul Games, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition will launch November 15th for Windows and Mac, with mobile versions for iPad and Android to follow at a later date. Beamdog pre-orders are available now for $24.95.
Like the first game, BG2‘s Enhanced Edition will contain the full main campaign, Shadows of Amn, as well as its expansion, Throne of Bhaal. Completely new content and improvements will also be added to the mix, such as new party members, new maps, remastered artwork, interface tweaks, and so on.
More content specifics along with the game’s first trailer are posted below. Sign up for future updates at www.baldursgateii.com.
- The Final Chapter: Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, the epic conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga.
- Four New Party Members: Bundled with the PC and Mac versions and available as DLC for iPad and Android, four new characters can join you on your journey. At the behest of his dark patron, Dorn Il-Khan plunders and defiles the Sword Coast. Hunted by Red Wizards, Neera the Wild Mage evades and disrupts the Thayans at every turn. Exercising his growing combat mastery, the monk Rasaad yn Bashir leaves his former allies to hunt the dark figure that corrupted his brother. A mysterious thief in service to mysterious master seeks powerful artifacts from across the globe. Recruit them, use their powers, and uncover over 30 new locations.
- The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay: Explore the tactical depth of high-level Dungeons & Dragons combat. Undermine your captors and prey upon their weaknesses while you dodge traps and battle for your life against Demi-Liches, Mind Flayers, and Githyanki.
- Easy Multiplayer: Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition makes it easy to find, list, and join multiplayer games, even while behind a firewall.
- Widescreen and More: Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition features full widescreen support, remastered area artwork from original renders, and a host of other interface and gameplay improvements.