Borderlands 2 junkies itching for their next shoot-and-loot fix won’t have to wait much longer. During a PAX East panel today, Gearbox Software rolled out a schedule for upcoming game updates and DLC, which will include the additions of a sixth playable character class, a level cap increase to 61, a New Game++ third playthrough mode for level 50 and above, Pearlescent rare loot and a fourth campaign expansion to be released by the end of June.
Krieg, the Psycho Bandit character class, will be available in May for $9.99/800 MS Points. The Ultimate Vault Hunter’s Pack, containing the level cap upgrade and Pearlescent gear, goes live April 2nd included as part of the Season Pass (non-Season Pass owners will have to pay $4.99/400 MS Points). The Ultimate Vault Hunters Mode will also be available starting April 2nd, completely free of charge to all Borderlands 2 players.
Wanna know more about Krieg and the other Borderlands 2 DLC? Here’s a detailed fact sheet 2K Games and Gearbox released today from PAX East:
Ultimate Vault Hunter’s Pack:
– This is the first level cap increase to Borderlands 2.
– Available April 2, 2013 on PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3.
– Includes 11 more levels, increasing the total level cap to 61.
– As a thank you to our most dedicated fans, it is included in the Season Pass at no cost.
– This is not the fourth and final add-on content campaign included in the Season Pass. The final campaign add-on will be released before the end of June 2013.
– $4.99 (400 MS Points) for non-Season Pass owners.
– Players will be able to pick up a new tier of extremely rare loot: Pearlescent.
– Pearlescent gear is the rarest in the game.
Ultimate Vault Hunters Mode:
– A new playthrough balanced for top-tier play, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is part of a free update available on April 2, 2013 on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
– The update is free and for all Borderlands 2 owners.
– Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached Level 50.
– Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with the players able to restart the campaign whenever they like.
– While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player’s current level or, if playing with others, the highest level player in that party.
Krieg the Psycho:
– An all-new character class in Borderlands 2 via the Psycho Pack.
– Krieg is the sixth playable character class in Borderlands 2.
– The Psycho Pack (aka Krieg the Psycho) will be available for purchase in May.
– The Psycho Pack will cost $9.99 (800 MS Points).
– Krieg is based on a popular enemy-type found throughout Borderlands 2.
– Design goal was to “capture the crazy” and reverse negatives into positives with aggressive, high-risk-high-reward gameplay that provides players with abilities they’ve seen enemies wield.
– Action Skill: Buzz Axe Rampage.
– Skill Trees: Bloodlust, Mania, Hellborn.
– Bloodlust Tree: All about stack accumulation, kill skills and constantly dealing damage.
– Example Skill Blood Bath: Kill Skill. Killing an enemy with a grenade or explosion increases Weapon Damage for each stack of Bloodlust. Any enemy killed this way has a greater chance to drop grenade ammo.
– The first four playable characters included in the base game are Axton the Commando, Maya the Siren, Salvador the Gunzerker, and Zer0 the Assassin.
– The fifth playable character, Gaige the Mechromancer, was released as downloadable content in October 2012.
– Mania Tree: High risk, high reward -taking damage very beneficial.
– Example Skill Fuel the Rampage: Taking damage recharges Buzz Axe Rampage at a faster rate. Taking health damage increases the bonus even further. You can now be damaged by teammates.
– Hellborn Tree: Focused on elemental damage.
– Example Skill: Burn, Baby, Burn: Burn Damage increased. Effects further increased while you are on fire. Chance to light yourself on fire when igniting an enemy.
Borderlands 2 Season Pass:
– The Borderlands 2 Season Pass includes four campaign add-ons for the price of three: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt, and a fourth campaign add-on due to be released by the end of June 2013.
– Season Pass contains $44.95 of content for $29.99 (2400 Microsoft Points), a $15 savings. Each campaign add-on is valued at $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) and the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack is valued at $4.99.
– The Borderlands 2 Season Pass does not include additional playable characters.