Talk about a pleasant surprise. One of the most underappreciated and too-often-forgotten sleeper gems from the Nintendo DS, Lock’s Quest is getting the remaster treatment for release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One this April. Finally, a wider audience of gamers will get the chance to experience this wonderful hybrid of tower defense, base building, and real-time strategy, capped off with the presentation of an SNES era JRPG.
THQ Nordic has tapped NYC-based independent studio Digital Continue to take up the mantle from the game’s original creators at 5th Cell in the crafting of this remastered edition, which will offer the following upgrades from the 2008 portable outing:
– New progression system automatically unlocks new turrets at specific story plot points
– Brand new Antonia Defense Battles featuring a new map
– All music remastered in high definition, with orchestrated introduction and ending
– Player controls remapped for keyboard/mouse and gamepad input
– Revamped User Interface, customized for HD resolution, including all new GUI Art
– Character portraits refactored in High Resolution
Hit the play button below for your first look at Lock’s Quest in glorious HD!