Fabraz’s ooey gooey escape-from-the-acidic-stomach-of-a-giant-worm 2D platformer Slime-san will release for PC/Mac/Linux (via Steam and Humble Store) on April 7th, publisher Headup Games has confirmed today. Console platforms are in the works as well, but they will be released later in the year.
For a humble pixel art platformer, Slime-san sure is packed with features. Cue the obligatory bullet point list:
– Incredibly fast-paced and twitch-timing platforming madness!
• No time to stay still as you are chased by a wall of acid at every corner! Run, run, run!
• Being a slime has its perks. Slime your way through cracked walls and surfaces!
• Bust through brittle obstacles or tense situations with a speedy dash move.
• Slime to slow time, dash to speed it up. Feel like an absolute badass with pixel precise maneuvers!
• A game filled with content: 100 levels made out of 400 rooms combined with 100 new game+ levels totalling to a staggering 200 levels and 800 rooms!
• Collect partially-digested apples to unlock different play styles, outfits, shaders and mini-games!
• Get your shopping done in a town of survivors within the worm, home to colorful characters and surprising secrets.
• Each level is timed with online rankings, for the competitive and score-oriented.
• Unlock extra game modes like New Game+, Speed Running and Boss Rush modes!
• Get engrossed in a unique, 5 colored, pixelated world…found… within… the worm?
• Features integrated Twitch mode to display the chat and even have your viewers influence the game!
• Adhesive Wombat, Tiasu, Meganeko, Kubbi, Inverse Phase, Richard Gould… Over 10 composers contributed with over 20 songs for a chiptune album that you can’t help but groove out to!
Here’s a recent trailer showing footage of all of those features in action.