You probably don’t remember it at this point, but way back in 2009 indie Parisian developer Spiders showed off a work-in-progress action-RPG titled Mars. That game was supposed to come out in late 2010, but nothing ever came of it. (At least not that I’m aware of.)
Enter Mars: War Logs, a rewritten story within the same universe as the original Mars project, adapted into a short-form digital download offering for a scheduled 2013 launch on PC, PSN and XBLA.
Built on the Silk Engine also used to power Of Orcs and Men‘s distinct and impeccably detailed graphics, War Logs is shaping up to be equally as impressive to watch in action (see trailer). It may have been downsized for digital download format, but you can look forward to all the trappings of any great third-person role-playing game: real-time tactical combat, quests galore, skill trees, in-depth gear crafting, choice-based dialogue, etc.
More about Mars: War Logs:
“Over a century after the catastrophe that shook Mars and threw its colonists into chaos, power is now shared between the different companies distributing the arid planet’s most precious asset: water. The conservative and somewhat archaic Abundance thus struggles to maintain its influence in the face of Aurora, a young guild whose power stems from their plethora of Technomancers, people capable of focusing their energy in Terran artefacts to create devastating “magical” effects.
Our story begins in the middle of these struggles, when a young prisoner of Abundance meets Roy, a cynical an unwavering man, and decides to keep a war diary…”
– Take on the role of Roy Temperance, a multi-talented renegade, and surround yourself with companions with real personalities.
– Choose from the numerous dialog possibilities and influence the destiny of your people.
– Personalize your fighting style through a dynamic and developed combat system, for entirely different approaches depending on the choices you make.
– Personalize your development by choosing from dozens of skills and numerous additional perks!
– Modify and create your own equipment with our craft system.